Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 2 May 2012

A Monster Hit


Well it's back after a small break! Yes the Headbanger Challenge has returned after a couple of weeks away, due to holidays. Stewart has suggested this weeks theme of public transport. A very easy theme, and one with no shortage of ideas, buses, trains, taxis, even aeroplanes.

Now if you are a regular visitor on Wednesday, you'll know that I like to put up headbanger photos that are a bit off the wall. And this weeks is no exception. Yes it's a bus, but it's actually a child's ride in the shape of a good old London Routemaster.

I actually took it at Morecambe. Gail and I were walking along the main road along the seafront when I spotted several of this kind of ride. You pop in a coin or two and the ride wobbles about for about five minutes, and you little child screams with glee. There was a space rocket, a helicopter and my heart leapt when I saw this bus. Just the sort of thing I was looking for.

Please pop over to the rest of the teams' pages and see how they have interpreted the theme. Also we are on the lookout for some more ace photographers to join the gang and make those Wednesday's special. Do contact any one of us with your details and we well welcome you in with warm smiles. You know you want to!

And for your musical treat this week, here's the into to the film version of that long running, and very popular TV comedy from the early 1970s 'On the Buses'. Bizarrely produced by Hammer Films, who were more at home with stories about Dracula, the occult and monsters, than the adventures of a sex mad driver, his conductor pal and the bossy inspector, whose catch phrase was "I'll get you for that Butler"!


As a special treat, I took Gail to the Playhouse tonight to see a play about Mary Shelley; the wife of Percy Shelley and author of Frankenstein.

It was a terrific production, excellent acting, great lighting effects and clever use of the one stage set. It was a long play as well, at nearly three hours including interval.

I wasn't sure whether Gail would enjoy it, although I have read rave reviews about it. But I didn't have to fear, as Gail said that she thought it was brilliant. Here is one of the posters advertising the play, which I took after we left. It runs until Saturday, so if you want something special to see, do pop along if you can and have a great time.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the film,lol.
    Neat capture of the kiddies ride too, clever work making out its running on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've seen it too - it was superb. I wish there was a part 2, to tell more of her wonderful complicated life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.