Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 26 May 2012

Champagne Reception


I've undertaken my first every wedding as the official photographer. Gail's brother was getting married, and as a wedding gift she suggested that we took the photos for them both.

I was a bit worried whether I would be able to do it, as I'm more used to taking photos of strangers on the street, than formal family occasions. Especially a wedding; one of the most important days in a woman's life, so I didn't want to muck it up.

Fortunately it was a lovely sunny day again and I don't think the photos turned out too bad. I took loads, so should be able to sort out some good ones. Ones that will look alright in an album. It was at a local registry office, so unfortunately it wasn't in a classically romantic location like a castle or a park. But I think I made the best of what was available.

At the reception I took some photos of the guests, the cake and the like. The small things that sometimes get forgotten; like this table display for example.

2 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from now.

    Wait till its not family and a white wedding in a church, see if your hand shakes a little.lol.

    Like the pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - I'm sure the photos will be a lovely record of their day. As you say, it's often the little details which many photographers overlook, but which can bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.