Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 30 May 2012

A Musical Interlude


I was intrigued by this little sticker that I spotted on a lamppost. I like synthesiser music, but had never heard of Swingrowers. So a visit to their website was needed.

Apparently they are an Italian group that have updated the old dance music of the 1930's and 40s by adding a modern disco beat in the background.

It seems that it is the "in thing" at the moment to live in the past. A friend of mine likes dressing up like she lives in the 1950s. I have another friend who is a mod, even though she wasn't born when there was all that trouble on Brighton beach.

If I could choose an era, I would go for the 1930s. All that art deco architecture and the development of the Leica camera.

Should you be curious about the music of the Swingrowers, they of course have a website, with the link being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.