Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 6 May 2012

They Don't Like It Up Em!



I went to Wollaton Park this morning, but something really strange happened to me while I was there. I came over all dizzy and had a bit of blurred vision. I closed my eyes for a few seconds so I wouldn't faint. Opening them again, I was shocked to see that somehow things in the park looked different. I couldn't put my finger on what though. Puzzled as to how this could have happened, I suddenly heard some rifle shots and yelling in the distance.

I dived for cover, as I didn't know what the devil was going on. I couldn't see any of the visitors in the park, cars; dogs or anything. I was still dressed in my modern clothes and my Nikon was still in my hand, with a fully charged battery.

I heard some more shots and thought I had better go and see what was happening. I didn't think that the park was being used as a film location again, as I would have heard about it by now through various means on the Internet. I then heard some people behind me. Turning I saw some men dressed as soldiers from Napoleon's time. Somehow I had managed to go back in time some 300 years!

I hid behind a convenient tree and watched what was happening. A battle was raging between some British and French soldiers. In the distance I could see an encampment of tents and smoke from a fire. I was stunned as to how this could have happened to me of all people, and on a Sunday morning too. Fortunately I had my Tamron zoom lens attached to my D90, so could rattle off some shots without being seen.

Here's one of the photos I took undercover. British infantrymen charging after the French soldiers, yelling and having fixed bayonets on their rifles. After a while of watching the skirmish, I then went dizzy again. I blinked and checking my mobile, I found myself back in 2012. The soldiers, tents, the battle. All gone.

When I arrived home I downloaded the photos I had taken. Something must have happened to the SD card, as all the pictures had come out in a strange sepia colour as you can see in this one. The time travelling must have upset the electrodes in either the camera or memory card. Or possibly both. I hope it wears off, as I don't want to end up taking dated shots like I've got one of those old plate glass cameras from the Victorian age.

I wonder if it will happen to me again? I'd love to be able to choose where and when I went. Would love to be in London during the 1960s for instance. Or the 1930s, to capture all that art deco architecture.

2 comments:

  1. One to many slurps from the sherry bottle -ol boy.

    You'll soon be as good as me at story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.