Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 31 August 2009

The Future's Black


Things generally haven't really been going too well for me this year. First my friend's suicide, John's passing and now I've been told of someone else I know having a fatal accident at home. Also we've had to go through a major restructuring at work. This has resulted with friends leaving, others working on different floors and generally making everyone feel down. I've also been saddened by the closure earlier this year of my favourite record store; Selectadisc and my local Sommerfield. Gail has to give me some good cuddles when I'm feeling low.

So to try and cheer myself up, I decided to splash out on a new Fiat 500. I informed you last week that we were looking for a new car. So after much deliberation, I've gone for it. It will look like the one here. The trouble is that I am having to wait about three months before it's delivered. Then the idea is more weekends away and drives out into the country. Try to get more out of life. Gail is still attracted to the Suziki Swift though.

11 comments:

  1. I think you made a good choice. The escape to the country will be good for your wounded soul. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I had a friend who committed suicide two years ago. It's a horrible feeling.

    A new car and more drives out in the country will definitely re-awaken your spirit and soothe your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your losses and a tough year your having, please stay strong and take out the best of life.

    A new car and visiting new environment will cheer you up. Stand strong, Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life is designed to kick you where it hurts. Just as you are getting back on your feet a swift kick is again deliver to the ba... you get the drift.

    As a non driver a new car would be fun for me but no so for others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's no good to hear about - hope things look up, but loss of friends is very hard.

    I'm with you - I much prefer the Fiat to the Suzuki Swift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to hearing which car wins the battle. Know you've had a tough year. Have you booked to come to MC yet? Let me know. Pop in to Menton on the train or bus and I'll pick you up and come on up here for lunch one day. The dogs will cheer you up! Anyway I'd adore to meet you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know it's a well worn phrase but "at least you have your health" stay strong

    I like the wheels on the FIAT.

    Remember that most of us do care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does sound like a bad year so far - hope things get better for you. Sorry for your losses!

    http://artistroad.blogspot.com
    http://lostlivesontheline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad news always seem to come all together, one after another.

    New Car,
    More drives out to visit?,
    GAIL, Still a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too have suffered the loss of 2 friends through suicide & more recently the death of my Mum & redundancy & a serious foot injury; I admire your bravery in sharing your sad moments with friends and blog followerers & really believe that by telling others openly what sadness/worries one has really helps. As to the car I have a friend that has one & having ridden in it the cuteness makes up for any lack of space. And you can get into small parking spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tha 'black is beautiful'! How real it is, in this case!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.