Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 10 August 2009

We All Need To Be Green


This is a statue of Brian Clough, who was the manager of Nottingham Forest football team during the 1970s and 80s. I'm not a football fan, so I can't reel off the goals etc, but the club did have some success during the time he was their manager.
His statue was unveiled last November. Not sure why it's taken this long to show him. Maybe its the green jumper he's wearing that made me want to take a photo. The jumper isn't part of the statue. Perhaps someone thought he was feeling cold!

Talking of winners, this seems a good opportunity to welcome the 200 new members who have signed up to follow my humble blog over the past few days. Becoming a 'blog of note' seems to have made a big difference in the number of people reading about my hometown. Thanks for the interest and trust you are enjoying the ride so far.

13 comments:

  1. I remember him well.

    Congrats my friend to being famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i imagine it would have taken some rapid and creative stitching to get that jumper on to a statue with hands thus clasped

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am not a football fan either, but the statue looks really funny because of the freen sweater...

    charmedwishes18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:23 am

    Hey, I'm going to be studying abroad in Nottingham this fall, so it's great timing to find this blog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, GREAT STATUE. It's important to remember successfull people that helped a city to be known.
    (SORRY FOR ME ENGLISH :()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:10 pm

    Nice one XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the idea of your blog - one photo per day - not overwhelming and allows me to really appreciate each photo and learn a little something as well....great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now then young man...

    Love him or loathe him, you couldn't ignore him and agreed a long overdue recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, congrats on BON...I was an avid Forrest Fan in the early nineties... went to see them when Stan was first with them. Love your blog...have some Nottingham pictures I can share with you, we went to visit last fall when we were in England visiting my family. Bought some lace, lame I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:15 am

    Brilliant observation on the stitching thing, India. Never occurred to me.

    Love the photo, love Nottingham Forest, loved Bian Clough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoed your post.Fine humor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "It's not that easy... being green..."

    Though maybe it is, who knows!


    -S
    http://cameradeluge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm wondering is this is real GREEN sweater ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.