Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 3 August 2009

Running For The Bus


One of the drawbacks of the development of Dubai is the continual sight of cranes, noise and hundreds of workers from the Indian sub-continent. Of course there was a building site next to our hotel. It wasn't too annoying at night, as the drone of the air conditioning drowned out nearly all the noises from the construction.
When we were walking back to our hotel the other day, we saw all these workers running after their bus which would take them back to their labour camp. Either they were late knocking off or the driver hadn't seen them. Either way, I think it's quite a comical scene.

8 comments:

  1. Carry on follow that bus. It does remind me of the bull run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:01 pm

    That's a lot of fun watching people running after buses to get back to their squalid dorms, for 100 $ a month, in slavery-like conditions. What if dogs were running after the workers, it would even be funnier, wouldn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.
    The photo looks less comical than anxious. First thought in my head was wartime.

    Interesting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It reminds me of Manila particularly in EDSA

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) it was cheating my mind before read the text. I thought it was a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:15 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I like this, same in my country, thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.