Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 13 July 2013

Carnival Capers


A glorious hot and sunny day today, as Beeston celebrates with it's yearly carnival.

It started in the morning with an exercise demonstration, some singing and a fashion show. Then at 1pm, the parade started from the Town Hall to Broadgate Park.

As the route is pedestrianised there were sadly no floats, only people walking in groups from different organisations, like this 'royal party' from a local nursing home.


Although there are no floats, for some reason they do allow the annual fire engine pull, so I'm sure they could allow a few decorated flatbeds along the High Road.

When everyone reached Broadgate Park, the festivities began with some bands, a music workshop that was organised by Oxfam, a few classic cars and some demonstrations. There were of course the usual bric a brac, food and information stalls. I had had a look in the morning and picked up a DVD I wanted for £1. So I was a happy man. Just need to get around to watching it now.


I entered the 'name this bear' competition with Bertie. I wonder if I will win. He's a cute little fellow, and so would look great on my desk.

There were several music acts on in the afternoon. And all were very good. I was very pleased to see Emma Bladon-Jones do a set for about half an hour. Emma said that she had just got back from Derby, where she had done two gigs and some busking. Emma also mentioned that she was playing at a local pub later tonight. So guess where Gail and I will be going later on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.