Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 8 July 2013

Two Legends For The Price Of One


Beer appears to be the subject of today's blog post.

First a famous local beer is once again being made by a local brewery. 'Shippo's' or Shipstone's to give the beer it's proper name, was a well loved local ale, but when the company was taken over in the early 1990's, and they stopped making this particular beer for some reason. So a lot of people are very happy that it is coming back.

I have never tried it, as I wasn't drinking real ale twenty years ago. I tended to swig lagers then. But now I am 50, I'm into real ales, so am looking forward to tasting this local brew for the first time. I don't know if it is genetic or something, but it seems that the majority of men when they reach middle age, tend to swop lagers for proper beers. Just hope I don't take up pipe smoking, as that seems to be another attribute.

I did have a real ale tonight during the interval at the Beeston Film Club. The second week and the film was The Ladykillers. That classic Ealing comedy from the mid 1950s, and one of Peter Sellers' first films.  I wanted to try a beer called Robin Hood, as it's a darker, but Tim  who is Nottingham's official Robin Hood had the last one. So I had to have this blonde bombshell instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.