Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Bring On The Dancing Girls


I took Gail and my brother Tony to the Focus On Imaging photographic trade show at Birmingham's NEC. A photographers' paradise. Everything you could ever need for your favourite hobby. Tony, who's come over from Australia for a visit obviously couldn't go mad because of the weight limit of his suitcase. But he did but a new tripod, which fortunately could fold up small enough to fit inside. In fact we all bought tripods. I also treated myself to a speedlight flashgun. Gail meanwhile went a bit mad and splashed out on a new camera. She bought a Nikon D7000. Body only, as she can share my lenses, as I have a D90. I've now given her my 18-105mm lens, as I bought myself a Tamron 18-270mm at Christmas. The Nikon family expands!

Of course I took my camera along, as you never know whats going to be happening at these events. Somehow Gail and I didn't think it was as good as last years. Can't quite put my finger on why. There were some highlights though, such as a couple of 1970's style go-go dancers promoting a new Olympus camera. It's the OM-D. Another in the current craze of retro-designed digital cameras, which may have started with the Panasonic GF1 or Leica M8, and now includes the Fuji X100 and Pentax Q. Here's a shot of one of the girls strutting her stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Looks a bit posher than the country Ho-down.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOhhhh sounds like you had a little photographic shop up, "kids in a lolly shop". Am sure you are both busy testing out the new equipment.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.