Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 4 March 2012

The Wrong Kind Of Ice


I was expecting to show you today a shot or two from a helicopter flight that Gail and I had booked some time ago. But alas, due to bad weather it had been cancelled, so we stayed at home instead, had a bit of a lie-in and then have pottered around the house for the rest of the time.

We were going to fly over Wolverhampton and the Severn Valley. We were both looking forward to it too, as we have done three flights before; Sydney, Dubai and Monte Carlo. Unfortunately the West Midlands isn't so exotic, but I am sure it has a charm of its own. We will find out next month, as we were sent an email with re-booking instructions.

So instead I'm showing you this family of polar bears that have found a job modelling silver necklaces in a local jeweller's window. Not real ones of course, far too small, but they do move and look very cuddly. I bet Oscar would love to fall asleep amongst these guys.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a shame, hopefully soon. I used to travel almost daily by helo for quiet some time back when I was in the military.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought you were talking about another kind of ice - diamonds. :D

    Hope your helicopter ride pushes through soon. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about missing your whirlybird ride, but them cuddly bears just remind me of you and gail,lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.