Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 12 March 2012

Statue Of Liberty


Not many homes come with their own church and graveyard. But Belton House does. It's where the previous owners are buried. There are a few statues inside the small church. This one which I presume to be the Virgin Mary caught my eye. All those folds of the dress must have taken a great deal of effort to carve and to get right. What do you do if the chisel slips when you've nearly finished? Very disheartening if you have to start again.

I think she looks even more dramatic in black and white. I've used a trial version of DXO, which includes many different treatments based on commercial film brands. I'm quite impressed with it, and I'll probably use it all the time for the next month that's it's available to me for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.