Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 19 March 2012

Candle Power


Here in Nottingham and in several other cities across the country, candlelit protests took place tonight against the Government's plans for the NHS. They appear to be quite radical, and could possibly mean the end of free medical care as we have known it for the past 60 years.

Unfortunately there wasn't much of a turnout. Probably only about 12 people in total. No press or police in attendance. A few passers by stopped to chat. Gail and I took a few photos. Alas there wasn't that much to see.

As I have covered many demonstrations in the Old Market Square before, I think I was expecting to see more of an event. Maybe it was the cold weather that put people off, or not many people knew about it. Gail didn't, she works at the local hospital!

So here's a shot of their 'glow in the dark' demo on the steps of the Council House.

2 comments:

  1. Love the scrabble board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 pm

    I think if you are a citizen of a country then that country should take care of you if you support the government with taxes: sales taxes, property taxes, or taxes.

    Our government sucks. It doesn't take care of the citizens. We have over 40 million people out of work and they have lost their homes, everything is gone.

    After I was hacked I had to give up my old user name and the blogs that went with it. My Birds Blog was among the give-ups.

    So this is the new birds blog and I hope you can come visit. Birds Birds Birds and Birds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.