Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 8 March 2012

Where's That Fire?


My brother and I went for a walk around the city centre today. Tony wanted to see what changes had taken place since he had last paid a visit some 20 years ago. We started off near the Playhouse, strolled down to the castle, across to the Old Market Square, then the Arboretum, Theatre Royal, Lace Market and ending up at the Victoria Centre where Gail was waiting for us. During this yomp we stopped in various places to take photos. One such place was the central fire station where a few of the firemen were putting up this sign for a car wash on Saturday.

I'm not sure if they are going to put on a show of 1970s disco music, or they are going to be cleaning cars with their hoses for charity. I think the latter. But wouldn't it be great to see the fire station turned into Studio 54. All those flashing lights of the fire engines would certainly add to the effect of a nightclub.

Due to being out all day yesterday at the photographic show in Birmingham, I quickly blogged last night and put up my entry for the Headbanger Challenge. The theme this week is "now you see it, now you don't". It wasn't what I wanted to show, but my idea hasn't taken place yet, so I could't do it. A shame, as it would certainly be something different. So looking through the photos that I had taken at the NEC, I spotted a couple of one of the models that were being used on the various stands. There's one where she is smiling like the Mona Lisa, and another where she isn't. Perfect. Especially as she was posed in the same position. Only her expression had changed.

I know it is a bit late now, but please pop over to the pages of the other team members to see how they have interpreted the theme.

2 comments:

  1. So, you will have a clean car on Sunday then eh!.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and photo I really enjoyed your writing.

    Skip Hire Nottingham

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.